At Global Fit we fully understand the importance of health and safety in construction, and thus make it a priority to guarantee all relevant health and safety procedures are in place prior to starting works, in addition to having a comprehensive health and safety file on all sites.
All of our works are in compliance with the latest Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations, and proposed works are evaluated via pre-site inspections and the use of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), as well as all materials being subjected to COSHH Assessments when necessary.
In order to minimise risk we ensure our employees receive the sufficient training in Health and Safety and Awareness, proper instruction with regards to toolbox talks and safe systems of work, in addition to the necessary supervision where required. Furthermore we make certain to provide a clean and safe working environment with adequate welfare facilities and arrangements in place. In addition to this all equipment used on site is inspected and PAT tested, and is in full compliance with LOLER and PUWER regulations where relevant.
How do we as the principle contractor appointed by the client ensure full compliance with the CDM regulations 2015?
We plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate the construction phase of a project.
- Liaising with the client and principal designer
- Preparing the construction phase plan
- Organising co-operation between contractors and coordinating their work.
We ensure that:
- Suitable site inductions are provided
- Reasonable steps are taken to prevent unauthorised access
- Workers are consulted and engaged in securing their health and safety
- Welfare facilities are provided
- All sites will have a fully competent site Manager
- Site Management will continue to monitor site risks/hazards
- The Site will be secure at all times